Package pick-up, pump facility and race starting point :
Doyle Community Center
310 N. Franks Ave.
Sturgis, MI 49091
Friday 9/16 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday (race day) 9/17 7:45 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
5K Run/Walk & 5K Pump and Run will start at 9:00 a.m.
The 1 Mile Fun Run will start at 9:05 a.m.
In the case of inclement weather, race organizers will announce delays or cancellations the morning of the event. Event will go on in the rain. In the case of severe weather, the start times may be delayed up to 30 minutes to allow for storms to pass.
Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome!
No rollerblades, skate boards, bikes or dogs.
5K Pump and Run Event Description & Rules
Participants do the maximum bench press repetitions, allowing runners to reduce their running time by 30-seconds per bench press repetition, with a maximum number of 30 reps (or 15 minutes off run time).
The bench press lift weights are determined by the chart below:
|Age||Bench press||Age||Bench press|
|Jrs 15 to 18||85% of their weight||Jrs 15 to 18||55% of their weight|
|19 to 39||100% of their weight||19 to 39||70% of their weight|
|40 to 49||90% of their weight||40 to 49||60% of their weight|
|50 to 59||80% of their weight||50 to 59||50% of their weight|
|60 and over||70% of their weight||60 and over||40% of their weight|
Bench press rules:
- Bench press weights are determined by age and weight as noted in above chart, with the lifting weight rounded to the nearest multiple of 5.
- The repetition begins at full extension, then lowered until bar touches the chest and back to full extension. NO RESTING PAUSE. A noticeable resting pause after either of the positions will nullify the rep.
- Back and rear must be flat on the bench and both feet must be flat on the ground at all times.
- Hands must be inside or touching the two smooth rings on the Olympic bar.
- During weigh-in, minimum attire must be worn…shorts, t-shirt and socks.
- No bounding bar off chest…rep will be nullified if bar bounces off chest.
- Liability waiver must be signed prior to pumping.